The Dallas chapter of the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) is hosting its annual Communications Summit on Friday, November 7. The event is to bring more than 200 communications professionals together for a day of networking and professional development, complete with the Pegasus Awards luncheon and a networking happy hour. This year’s event is centered around the theme of “Elevate” and is designed to provide professional and personal development regardless of industry or years of experience.
Communications executives from Toyota, Corner Bakery and Greyhound will headline the breakfast keynote session, discussing the latest communication trends in their market sectors. Shelly Slater, a multi-Emmy-Award-Winning journalist and anchor at WFAA-TV, will emcee the 2nd Annual Pegasus Awards Luncheon.
Communications Summit 2014 will feature three breakout sessions throughout the day. These three sessions will feature some of the profession’s most influential public relations and marketing executives as well as TV, print and online media representatives.
Breakout Session 1: Elevate Your Relationships: Nurturing important professional relationships inside and outside your organization.
- Working with media – Paul O’Donnell, editor, Dallas Business Journal; Susan Warren, energy industry editor for North America, Dallas bureau chief, Bloomberg; Kristi Nelson, anchor, KXAS-TV
- Managing Internal Audiences – Kathy LaTour, editor at large, CURE Media Group; Elena Rohweder, communications manager, DART
- Counseling the C-Suite – Claire Bassett, VP of communications & marketing, Baylor College of Medicine; Melissa Flynn, principal, Melissa Flynn PR & Marketing
Breakout Session 2: Elevate Your Results: Improve performance of individuals, teams and communications programming.
- Juggling work, life and deadlines – Melissa Hancock, vice president, Weber Shandwick; Kim Morgan, director of corporate communications, Texas Instruments
- Integrated Communications – Robert Lyman, digital strategy director, USFI Digital; Martha Neibling, director of marketing & public relations, Gaylord Texan Resort and Convention Center
- Measuring Team Performance – Aly Saxe, CEO, Iris PR Management
Breakout Session 3: Elevate Your Future: Grow and evolve your personal role and career.
- Interviewing, Personal Branding & Professionalism – David Westberry, senior client partner, Korn/Ferry; Alma Fuentes, PR hiring manager, The Richards Group; Holly Mason, president, Mason Baronet
- Industry Transitions – Keith Nowak, director of communications & brand integration, Travelocity; Scott Sayres, global director, issues management Honeywell Aerospace; Michael Patino, Michael Patino Associates
- Organization and Team Growth – Mark Hall, president & founder, Firehouse; Cynthia Pharr Lee, president & founder, C. Pharr & Co.; Juliette Coulter, president, The Coulter Group
The Communications Summit 2014 will take place at the Irving Convention Center located at 500 West Las Colinas Boulevard in Irving, Texas.
For more infirmation, visit http://www.prsadallas.org.
The Dallas Chapter of PRSA serves more than 340 practitioners of public relations in North Texas. The chapter was founded in 1951, just four years after the 1947 founding of the national society. The chapter provides members with a variety of professional services such as the Communicator’s Job Bank, a monthly newsletter, professional development programs, monthly luncheons, quarterly breakfasts, members-only networking happy hours and webinars, a mentorship program and college outreach programs.
The Public Relations Society of America (www.prsa.org), based in New York City is world’s largest organization for public relations professionals. It has more than 32,000 professional and student members. PRSA is organized into more than 100 chapters nationwide and 20 professional interest sections and affinity groups, which represent business and industry, counseling firms, academic institutions, military, government, associations, hospitals, schools, professional services firms and nonprofit organizations. The Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA) has 290 Chapters at colleges and universities throughout the United States.