For its 16th edition, Publish Asia will focus on case studies showing how media companies across the globe are defining and implementing innovative strategies to consolidate their print operations while building up sound foundations to secure digital growth. Over 400 newspaper executives from Asia Pacific and the Middle East are expected to attend the three-day event.
“Following the outstanding success of the World Newspaper Congress which was held in Bangkok in 2013, Publish Asia’s main industry partners unanimously voted for Thailand as their preferred venue for Publish Asia 2015. Going back to Bangkok was therefore and easy decision to take for WAN-IFRA,” said Pichai Chuensuksawadi, Editor in Chief of Post Publishing and Chairman of WAN-IFRA’s Asian Pacific Committee.
“Bangkok remains one of Asia’s favourite destinations. The warm support of the Thailand Convention and Exhibition Bureau, Tourism Authority of Thailand and Thai Airways International and the vibrancy of the Thai newspaper industry make it an ideal venue for organising an inspiring and exciting event,” said Gilles Demptos, Director Asia of WAN-IFRA.”Publish Asia will also be an opportunity for Asian news publishers to show solidarity and support in challenging times to their Thai peers,” he said.
WAN-IFRA is the world’s association of newspapers and news publishers based in Paris, France, and Frankfurt, Germany, with subsidiaries in Singapore, India and Mexico . It represents more than 18,000 publications, 15,000 online sites and over 3,000 companies in more than 120 countries.
Publish Asia 2015 will cover the management, advertising and editorial aspects of the newspaper and news publishing business. It will include the following events:
The CEO Conference will look at how the media landscape is changing and how publishers can adapt and define their strategies to ensure a successful future.
The Newsroom Summit will tackle the problems and challenges facing Editors, Managing Editors, News Editors, Chief Reporters and all those who are involved in leading and managing newsrooms in a multiple media environment.
The Advertising Summit aims to cover the latest trends that are currently transforming the relationship between media companies, advertisers and agencies.
The Printing Summit will present recent innovations in newspaper production that can contribute to reducing costs or generating new revenue streams from print.
The Expo will showcase the latest technology and service offerings for optimizing newspaper production in print as well as on new media platforms, while one-day learning seminars will offer in-depth insights on specific topics.
Two masterclasses will offer in-depth insights, on April 28, on Visual communication and storytelling in the age of the tablet – under the leadership of Mario Garcia – and on how to develop more effective ad sales operations, under the guidance of Eamonn Byrne.
Winners of the much awaited Asian Media Awards 2015 will be presented during theAsian Media Awards Gala Dinner on 29 April.
Confirmed speakers at Publish Asia 2015 include:
* Pit Gottschalk is Managing Director of Content Management at Europe’s largest newspaper group, Axel Springer. A former head of the CEO’s Office, Pit will give in his keynote presentation at Publish Asia’s opening session some insights on Springer’s strategy for growth, including Merger & Aquisitions in the digital sphere and the much debated multimedia revamp of its flagship daily, Bilt.
* Mario Garcia, Founder and CEO of Garcia Media, is one of the world’s most famous media gurus. He has completed close to 700 consulting projects in 120 countries and won over 300 SND Awards. He will present at Publish Asia his vision for multimedia storytelling in the age of the tablet.
* Vachara Vacharaphol is CEO of TrendVG3, the broadcasting and digital arm of Thairath, Thailand’s largest daily newspaper.Khun Junior will explain TrendVG3’s journey for launching a new TV channel from scratch in Publish Asia’s “From newspaper to broadcaster” session.
* Frederique Lancien is Digital and New Business Director at Groupe L’Equipe. In this position, she developped new digital businesses and products forFrance’s leading sports newspaper. She will present her group’s latest achievements at the CEO conference as part of the “Diversifying Revenue Streams” session.
* Helena Phua is Executive Vice President, Asia/Pacific for the International New York Times. She will outline INYT’s approach to growing its business in Asia and share some of the exciting new print and digital initiatives being launched in the region throughout 2015.
* Jeongdo Hong, Chief Executive Officer of Joongang Ilbo Media Network (JMNet), a leading multimedia company inSouth Korea, will discuss the challenges of launching a TV channel and the synergies found with his group’s other media. He will speak at the session “From newspaper to broadcaster” onApril 30.
* Pedro Monteiro, Product Manager for Digital Paid Content at Impresa Publishing, specialises in developing new digital media products for various publishing brands. He will present at Publish Asia the new tablet edition ofPortugal’s daily of reference, Expresso, and share its cross-media paid content strategy.